Sex is a natural part of human life. Having a satisfying sex has been proved to improve our overall well-being greatly, it can even reduce our risk of suffering some diseases. Yet many factors can make sex less than amazing.
Whether the problem is big or small, some things can be done to get your sex life back on track because your sex life goes hand in hand with your overall mental, physical and emotional health. Sex can even make you live longer.
Communicating with your partner, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, availing yourself to many of the self help materials in the market, and just having fun can help you weather tough times.
Your understanding yourself as a sexual being, your thought about what constitutes a satisfying sexual connection, and your relationship with your partner are key factors in your ability to develop and maintain a fulfilling sex life.
Here are some tips you can try to improve your sex life:
Table of Contents
- 1. Communicate with your partner
- 2. Maintain a diet for healthy sex life
- 3. Use self help strategies
- 4. Put the fun back into sex
- 5. Limit your alcohol consumption
- 6. Know your own desires
- 7. Get tested as a part of sexual health strategy
- 8. Always protect yourself
1. Communicate with your partner
In a relationship, it is essential to keep an open communication on all matters, and sex is no exception. Couples who feel comfortable talking to each other will find it easy talking about everything including sexual preferences.
A stressful day can cause a mans sexual health problems like low libido and erectile dysfunction. In this cases, communicating with your partner can help identify and solve underlying issues.
2. Maintain a diet for healthy sex life
Eating meals packed with amino acids, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients can benefit your overall health and boost your mood. Its no wonder the the right food can boost your libido and improve your sexual performance.
Eating meals with your partner can also be healthy for your relationship, mealtime can strengthen bond and couples can take this time to relax.
3. Use self help strategies
Treating sexual problems has been made easy, apart from revolutionary medications and professional sex therapist, you may be able to resolve some minors sex issues by making a few adjustments in your love making. Some strategies you could use at home are:
- Educate yourself; browse the internet, pick out some good things that can apply to you. There are plenty of good self-help materials that are available for every kind of sexual issue.
- Give yourself time; you might have lost that touch as you grow old. You and your partner can improve your chances of success by finding a quiet, comfortable, interruption free setting for sex.
- Maintain physical attention; engaging in kissing and cuddling is essential for maintaining a physical and emotional bond.
- Practice touching; touching helps to stimulate organs. You may want to ask your partner to touch you in a way he or she would like to be touched.
- Try different positions; apart from this being fun, it can help solve the problem. A woman that wants to reach orgasm but has never; her partner could locate her g-spot by entering from behind to help her reach orgasm.
4. Put the fun back into sex
Even in the best relationship, sex can be monotonous and it becomes an obligation. With a little bit of imagination, you can rekindle the spark.
Be adventurous: Not all the time sex should be done on the bed, think outside the box; it could be in the kitchen, on the table, staircase, just anywhere aside the bedroom or explore erotic books or films for ideas.
Be sensual. Create an atmosphere for sex or lovemaking that appeals to all the five senses. Something like candle lights, perfumed scented flowers around the room, a cool jazz music. Use this sensual awareness to make love to your partner.
Be playful: Laughter should not be far from your relationship. Bathe together, leave love notes in tour partners pockets, do something funny and silly during lunch.
Bring the spark back. Be creative. Avoid monotonous events. Have sex just anytime and anywhere not only at nights hand the bedroom. Explore every aspect. Use sex toys sometimes, you can try sexy lingerie if you have not tried it before.
Be romantic: Read love poems to each other, surprise each other with flowers even when there’s nothing to celebrate. The most important tool you have at your disposal is your attitude about sexuality. You should be able to maintain a good sex life for many years with this.
5. Limit your alcohol consumption
Occasional glass of red win intake can increase sexual desires and lubrication at the same time excessive alcohol can be harmful to your intimate life.
Research has shown that excessive alcohol consumption can trigger negative emotions like anxiety, difficulty in making decisions, impair attention, making it harder for you to practice safe sex. Alcohol in men can cause erectile dysfunction.
6. Know your own desires
To have a great sex life, you have to discover what you like. Masturbating, whether single or in a relationship, is a good tool to know what you like, what get you aroused, its also a way to make you comfortable with your body.
Watching porn and reading erotics is another way to know what you like. This can help you get to know things that you are interested I’m, you can try them alone or with your partner. Trying with your partner can improve intimacy between you two.
7. Get tested as a part of sexual health strategy
Whether you are single or in a relationship, you need to talk about STDs with your sex partner. Feeling safe is a great booster for sexual desires and a good way to feel safe during she is knowing that you are both healthy and free of STDs.
Don’t be afraid to ask your partner about their sexual history or want to live in denial of it. Even if you have a steady partner, knowing that you are both free will give you peace of mind and allow you enjoy sex fully.
8. Always protect yourself
Whether you are in a steady relationship or not, you should always use condoms. They are the only contraceptive that will keep you from STDs. Having a condom close by is a good idea if you are sexually active.
Although, this is mostly for those who are not married, but once in a while, married folks can use a condom to protect themselves from STDs.
There are many other tips that can be applied to improve your sex life, others include:
- Use sexual health products.
- Get some professional sexual health advice.
- Avoid smoking.
- Do legal exercises. Best way for females to achieve sexual enhancement.
- Work out outside of the bed.
- Take vitamins for sexual health.
These tips keeps your sex life going and strong. You could maintain a healthy sex life for as long as you want.